CVCC is an excellent choice for military service members, veterans, and their spouses and independents. We are proud to help coordinate VA benefits with the student's educational goals.
Veterans Administration Educational Benefits
CVCC is approved for Veterans Administration Educational Benefits. Most programs are approved but any student wishing to use VA benefits should contact the VA Certifying Official in Student Services.
- Students must qualify to receive veteran's education benefits. Eligibility is determined by Veterans Affairs, not CVCC.
- Visit the VA Education and Training website to apply for benefits. The VA will provide students with a Certificate of Eligibility.
- CVCC has no control of VA policy and rulings. It is the student's responsibility to comply with VA rules and procedures covered in appropriate laws, regulations, and pamphlets.
- If the applicant is a new student at CVCC and wishes to use VA benefits, then open the VA Educational Benefits Checklist for instructions. No certification can be made until all these requirements are met.
- VA students are responsible for the payment of tuition, fees, and books at registration. Only Chapter 33 students may defer tuition and fees by completing a tuition waiver each semester; see your Certifying Official.
- VA payments are made directly to students after classes have begun. VA students are encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid as well; go to the CVCC Financial Aid web page for information.
Note: Corporate and Continuing Education programs are not approved for VA educational benefits. However, some certification programs may qualify for reimbursement by the VA. Check with the VA before enrolling in any continuing education program. Call 1 (888) GIBILL1 or 1 (888) 442-4551.
For more information contact our CVCC VA Certifying Official: