Federal Work-Study provides need-based employment to eligible students.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federal program, funded through the US Department of Education, to provide need-based employment for college students. CVCC offers employment opportunities in various areas around campus to eligible students who wish to earn money while attending college. On average, students may work 10 – 15 hours per week at a rate of $13.00 per hour.
To be considered for a Federal Work-Study award, students must:
- Complete the FAFSA and submit any follow-up documents required to determine financial need.
- Meet federal and institutional student aid eligibility requirements. Some positions may have additional requirements.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (minimum 2.0 GPA and 67% Pace)
- Be currently enrolled or pre-registered for coursework in a Title IV eligible program at CVCC for the current or upcoming semester.
- Be in good standing with any educational loans, grants, or scholarships per the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS).
To apply for Federal-Work Study, please submit a CVCC Federal Work-Study Application (PDF) to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. For more information regarding the Federal Work-Study program please read the Federal Work-Study Handbook (PDF).
For a list of available Federal Work study positions, please log on to the CVCC Portal. From the Menu, select Financial and then Work Study.