Apply to Catawba Valley Community College
Previous CVCC students who wish to re-enroll after a break in their studies may not need to submit a new Application. Instructions can be found at Previous and Returning Students.
ALL new Degree, Diploma or Certificate seeking students: After submitting the CVCC application, please send one (1) email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items and make this YOUR subject line of your email: “New Admission for ______” (indicate YOUR desired entry term as spring, summer, or fall and include the year)
- A cell phone picture of your driver’s license (or other government issued photo ID);
- A request to activate the application by email; you do not have to come to campus; and
- Indicate the semester you wish to start:
- Fall 2022 (August 17 - December 14)
- Flex Start (September 15 - December 14)
- Fall Intersession (December 5 - January 3)
- Spring 2023 (January 17 - May 11)
- Flex Start (February 14 - May 11)
- Spring Intersession (May 1 - 30)
- Summer 2023 (May 31 - July 27)
- Spring Intersession I (June 1 - 29)
- Spring Intersession II (July 5 - August 3)
- Fall 2022 (August 17 - December 14)
- Complete the 3 Steps below to complete the application process: 1.) Residency, 2.) CVCC Application, and 3.) FAFSA. A member of our staff will acknowledge your request as soon as possible with additional information by email.
Note: CVCC must receive your application and activation request and/or course request email at least five (5) business days before the start date of the course(s) you wish to take. Consult the course schedule to determine course start dates.
Note for Visiting/Non Degree Seeking Students: CVCC must receive your application and activation request and/or course request email at least five (5) business days before the start date of the course(s) you wish to take. Consult the scourse schedule to determine course start dates. Students who wish to take classes at CVCC to transfer back to another college/university do not have to visit Student Services or the Advising Center; all transactions are handled by email for student convenience. Instructions are located at Visiting Student Enrollment.
Step 1: Residency
Complete NC Residency Determination to receive your 10 digit Residency Certification Number (RCN.) Residency Determination establishes your tuition cost (in state or out of state.) If you already have an RCN, check your expiration date at NC Residency Determination.
Step 2: Apply Online
Complete the entire CVCC Application. Be sure to click “FINISH THE APPLICATION” when finished. Within 24 hours, you will receive a CVCC email confirming receipt of your Application. The confirmation email also contains important next steps to activate your Application. Applications remain on file for one year after submission.
Step 3: Free application for federal student Aid (FAFSA)
All degree seeking students should submit the FAFSA to determine financial aid eligibility. Many scholarship applications require FAFSA submission. The FAFSA code for CVCC is 005318.
NOTE: In compliance with federal regulations, a student’s valid government issued photo ID is required for all financial aid inquiries. A copy of the ID, or any other kind of photographed image on a cell phone or social media are unacceptable.
- After submitting the Application, send ONE email to email@example.com requesting to activate the application. Include a cell phone photo of your driver’s license.
- Request official transcripts from your high school (or GED/other high school credential) and EVERY college/university you have ever attended to CVCC. Official transcripts must be sent electronically through a third party vendor (Parchment, CFNC, ScriptSafe) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to CVCC Transcripts, 2550 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory NC 28602
- For general information, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.